lauantai 4. heinäkuuta 2009

Vuosaari



Vuotie

...yes that's where I'm moving next Thuesday. I've always had the impression that Vuosaari is one of the s*itholes in Helsinki. But you know the irony is that I'm forced to move there now. Well I'd rather be there than in the middle of nowhere in Espoo where I was originaly planning to move during the time of my renovation.

To releive my anghuish I decided to do a little Vuosaari excursion in the internet, and what I found really surprised me! It might not be that shitty afterall....or I'm just trying to tell that to myself to make me feel better. Well anyway, this is what I found:

First of all Vuosaari has it's own website(I learned that so does every other district...didn't know that before), it can be viewed here. Vuosaari has it's own beach, multiple parks, Metro goes there(we'll it's the last stop) and there are lot's of old buildings there which really surprises me. I've been under the impression that it has only new horrible ugly buildings.There are two manor houses in the area(2!!) and the parks surrounding them should be nice. Miina Äkkijyrkkä a well known Finnish artist lives there, allthough she just got evicted from her farm a little while ago, but I think she's still there with her cows. She's know for making art only from cows. Quite strange and great at the same time!

The website is full of things to try and do, so I decided to make my time there as interesting as possible. I try to do something new every week. Who knows maybe I fall in love with Vuosaari and never wan't to leave anymore...doubt it.

When I get my camera working again...it BROKE!...I'll take it with me and go and see all the wonders of this "city by the sea". I might even enjoy myself, if I try really hard!

Ei kommentteja: