perjantai 4. joulukuuta 2009

Oh deer!


Meet my new best friend...glitter deer! I love christmas time, 'cause shops are full of things that shine. Sometimes, like yesterday, you can find something worth buying! I thought this silver and gold deer was worth it... Just look how cute it is! Now it stands on my window keeping watch proudly.
And I found it from Anttila...how weird is that! It's made of plastic, and covered with glitter.

Aaaand....before going to hunt my deer, I popped in to this charming retro/vintage store near my flat called Kauppahuone Keko(they don't have a working website, but the addres is at Harjutori, Helsinki). The shop is owned by this lovely 60 year old woman...she adores all her items that she's selling, and can tell you great stories about them. Just go and have a chat with her, even though you don't feel like buying anything, I guarantee you'll love it!

But this is what I found! I love old rustic candle holders. I haven't found anything worth buying for a while, so I jumped for joy when I saw these two! The lovely lady told me that they are from a Finnish family that live in Töölö. A family of culture she says.(awwww)

I find my new candle holders cute and akward. They are so weird that you just can't help but love them...and they are hand made!!


Now I'll always have a wise eagle to guide me through storms! ;)


2 kommenttia:

Lets_go_find_a_Rain_beau! kirjoitti...

Very cute! I have a similiar deer like that too...but it's gold and I can't touch it because than my hands are all glittery! :)

S*

Annik kirjoitti...

I'd like to have another one as well! Some bright colored one...just haven't found one yet.
Yes hands do get glittery, when you touch ny deer too, but that's the reason why I'm touching it all the time haha ;)

Annika