perjantai 7. elokuuta 2009

Look what I found!


I was taking the garbage out here in Vuosaari, and found this cute lamp!! I thought it was so cute that I had to take it..someone had coldheartedly thrown it away. Poor little lamp!

Today I took a closer look at it to see how I should clean it and saw a little engraving on the back of the lamp...it says IDMAN! This is a design lamp from the 50's I think!I don't really know for sure, but that's what I suspect. If someone knows anything about it please do tell! I'm trying to find something from the internet, but haven't found anything about this particular lamp yet.


It's really dirty, and needs a lot of work, but because the fabric on the shade is some kind of plastic fabric I think I should be able to get it fairly clean. I'm also planning to change the ribbon that goes around the shade. I'm thinking a yellow satin ribbon with a big bow...lovely!




The foot of the lamp is the dirtiest part. I haven't tried to clean it up yet, if anyone has some ideas what products to use I would love to hear some tips! I'm worried that if I use too harsh chemicals I'm going to ruin it. Maybe I'll just try plain water first..



Then another thing I'm really excited about! A new chocolate I found from the store!! I'm badly addicted to Suffeli Puffi chocolate sweets, but here's a new competitor...The package is so CUTE! Wit all the different coloured sweets flying around! And what a concept...chocolate inside of chocolate...you cant' go wrong with that recipe ;)
Actually the candy isn't that mindblowingly good but, the fact that it's so cute looking makes it worth buying and eating!It's called Marabou Non Stop...so sweet and cute!



Ei kommentteja: