perjantai 9. lokakuuta 2009

Need a good laugh?


Once again, I've been on a sick leave from work...because of my back this time. It's getting better allready I think, but that keeps me stuck inside my apartment. Few of my friends have kindly taken the dogs out, so I don't have to. Thank god for them!

The problem is that it's really boring just to hang around the house by myself, so I decided to finally order Fawlty Towers DVD box from CDON.COM. They had sale too so perfect timing. I got the DVD's today. Such a good decision to order it! I can't remember when, for a while, I'd have laughed this much! The show hilarious!! I've watched it at my sisters place in England, and I think it has aired in Finnish TV sometimes too, so I knew what I was buying.

Fawlty Towers is a BBC production from the 1970s'. The plot goes basically like this:

"Inept and manic English hotel owner and manager, Basil Fawlty, isn't cut out for his job. He's intolerant, rude and paranoid. All hell frequently breaks loose as Basil tries to run the hotel, constantly under verbal (and sometime physical) attack from his unhelpful wife Sybil, and hindered by the incompetent, but easy target, Manuel; their Spanish waiter. Written by Rob Hartill "

Very simple, but oh so entertaining! If you ever get the chance to watch it, do it! I thinks this DVD box will save my day many times in the future.



Here's one excellent episode that I laughed straight through!



Ei kommentteja: